Now that the good weather is here, skin hydration seems to be taking on the importance it deserves. And although unfortunately in many cases this skin care does not extend into autumn and winter, the beginning of spring is a good time to take advantage of the countless benefits of moisturizing the skin and having a hydrated face.
In today’s article we tell you why skin hydration is so important and which products from our online pharmacy and pharmacy in Granada can help you keep your face hydrated.
The importance of skin hydration
Water is the most important substance for the care of the different layers of the skin. In fact, this fluid accounts for up to 80% of the skin structure of the dermis.
The problem is that this percentage of water in the skin can be affected by various factors, many of them associated with summer and high temperatures. So taking care of your skin care routine is essential to maintain skin hydration. Because a hydrated skin is a more beautiful, juicy and luminous skin. But it is also synonymous with healthy and more resistant skin.
Factors that make it difficult to moisturize the skin in summer
We love summer for many reasons. But when it comes to skin care, it is important to know the factors that alter its hydration and can make our skin look dull and aged.
- Sweating. This mechanism is activated to control our body temperature. When we are exposed to higher temperatures, sweat evaporates and body temperature decreases.
- Sol. Sun exposure alters the skin ‘s barrier function. A weaker barrier makes it more difficult for the skin to retain water, and therefore dehydrates more easily. That is why it is so important to always use sunscreen.
- Chlorine and salt. The water at the beach and pool also alters the skin’s hydration, making it necessary to apply an extra shot of hydration with natural skin care creams and foods.
The most important moisturizing active ingredients for the skin
We can differentiate three moisturizing active ingredients for the skin: Emollients, Moisturizers and Occlusives.
Emollients help us seal all the cracks in the skin so that water is not lost, while providing a spongy action to maintain hydration. Moisturizers enhance this sponge effect, as they are the moisturizing active ingredients that retain the most water in the skin cells. And finally, occlusives, which prevent water from evaporating and the skin from becoming dehydrated.
In skin care cosmetics and other parapharmaceutical products to improve skin hydration, we find these active ingredients in the following components.
- Emollients: Present in ceramides, essential fatty acids, triglycerides, jojoba oil and shea butter.
- Moisturizers: provides hyaluronic acid, urea, calcium, magnesium and sodium.
- Occlusives: Lanolin, wax or kerosene wax.
The best creams to moisturize your skin according to your needs
If skin hydration and keeping your face moisturized is important to you, follow these tips:
- If your skin is dry, use cosmetics rich in emollient active ingredients.
- Oily skin also needs moisturizing. Opt for light textures.
- We recommend choosing quality products that combine the different types of moisturizers.
If you too want to make the most of the benefits of moisturizing your skin, choose pharmacy and parapharmacy skin care products. The creams and other cosmetics that you will find at Concepción Mesa Pharmacy will help you moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated for a longer period of time.